Saturday, March 31, 2007

Progress!


So 15 months and this is where we're at. That's a lot of progress in one week (with little in the preceeding 70). This shot was taken Saturday morning. More progress was made Sunday (attached front, cut wire/cable access holes in media rack and mantel, make plinths, etc.). So the side pillars are primed, but need to be sanded again before the final paint coat goes on. If I'm at all effective between now and Friday, that should get done, and I'll be able to attach the sides at least before Easter (go me).

The actual mantel top may have a change in plans. We previously purchased some dentil crown molding from HD, but after coming across a molding and millwork gallery, I may took another look at using a build up from cheaper moldings, as I'll have to do some build up any way, and the crown we got was a stain grade, which seems a waste to paint.

So I'm optimistic there will be some finality by, oh, Memorial Day. That's a good and achievable target I think.

I'll try and make some effort to work faster in the future. It's really just a broader application of being content with a good plan rather than hoping the perfect one will one day hit me. I would like to claim that as a large portion of the delay, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to get away with that.

Anyway, I'll try and keep these type of entries to a minimum--about the only thing less interesting that what I have to say is what I am doing. Oh, the joy and excitement you must feel!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go you!!