Monday, May 7, 2007

A new view


We got four wood clad, fiberglass windows from Craigslist for a very nice price ($~700 windows for $125 each) and got the first two installed this weekend. And I followed that up with my first stab at real trim carpentry.

Joanne thought it was worth the savings to get the picture windows for the TV room since we only opened the sliders that were there maybe twice in the almost four years we've had the house. So while we do not have the flexibility for venting, we get to enjoy unobstructed site lines. If only we had a better view...

At some point I'll break away from "This Old as Me House" trend I'm on and move on to something that interests you even less.

3 comments:

lostinwashington said...

It's a nice view of the grill!

Anonymous said...

I believe you should have mentioned who helped with the installatiion

Keith said...

Sorry Mom.

When I say "we" installed, i refer not to the lovely and talented Joanne Aspinall, but the charming and witty Charles Aspinall, my father.

Thanks Dad!