Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Firefox!

I'm fairly confident that a good chunk of my "audience" is using Firefox and not Explorer, so how 'bout some sharing of useful extensions?

My most (or should be most) used:
  • copy url+ --allows copying of text, page title, url in one (right) click
  • fireFTP -- ftp client
  • tinyurl creator -- convenient access to shortening long urls
  • blog this -- direct link to blogger for postings
  • flashblock -- makes flash windows clickable rather than automatic, for faster page loading (a little ambivalent on this one)
  • mail notifiers -- for whatever mail client you use
  • foxy tunes -- provides menu for control of itunes from browser
And while not an extension per se, I'm also a big fan of adding search engines to the search bar.

2 comments:

Jot said...

Adblock.
TrackMeNot.


Foxyproxy, since I have a crazy work environment.

Katherine Nabity said...

I've found Google Notebook to be very handy, but I would never use it if I didn't have the Firefox extension.
Firebug comes in handy too.
For some reason, I never got the hang of fireFTP.